By default, the K1000 appliance automatically runs the backup script at 2AM local time.
It backs up two files called:
yyyymmdd_k1_dbdata.gz - Database file
yyyymmdd_kbox_file.tgz - File system
The nightly backup can be run manually by using the following instructions:
NOTE: Please be sure others are not using the K1000 appliance before executing this procedure as it will stop all current tasks and render the K1000 inaccessible during the backup process.
Go to K1000 Settings> Server Maintenance> Edit Mode. Press 'Run Backup' button. You can also run the backup from the Back Up and Restore>Edit Mode and click Run Backup button.
There are 2 ways to download the backup files: From the K1000 appliance Maintenance screen , from the K1000 Backup and Restore screen, or by manually FTPing the files to a local file system.
From the K1000 appliance Backup and Restore screen:
1. Click K1000 Settings>Backup and Restore. Press 'Run Backup' button.
2. By default, there will be three daily backups and 2 monthly backups of the database and a file backup that will save the most recent changes to the files. They are all links and can be downloaded from the browser (If the file size does not exceed 1.5G. If the file size is over this you MUST use FTP or the backups will not work).
Via FTP into the K1000 appliance:
1. Type ftp <K1000_HOSTNAME> or ftp <K1000_IP Address>
2. Enter the following: username: kbftp , password: getbxf
NOTE: The password above is if you enabled FTP Writable in the Security Settings of the K1000 and did not enter a password. If this defualt password does not work it is becuase a new password was added. Click Settings>Security Settings>Edit Mode. Type the new password in New FTP user passeword box and scroll down and click Set Security Options. This Action will reboot the appliance!
3. Type binary
4. Type get yyyymmdd_k1_dbdata.gz (The most recent back up database file)
5. Type get yyyymmdd_Kbox_file.tgz (The most recent back up File System)
Additinal Fact: Enable ‘Secure Backup Files’ to prevent backup files from being downloaded via HTTP/S without authentication.
Please reference the following link to setup automatic download of the backup files out of the K1000 appliance:
K1000 Systems Management Appliance
Created on: 8/27/2013
Last Update on: 8/12/2014