This article serves as a “How-to” guide for users seeking to add an agent within the AppAssure 5 license portal.
You can add an agent to protection from the License Portal as well as the Core. Users can deploy the AppAssure 5 Agent Installer to individual Windows machines for protection by completing the steps outlined within this article.
Complete the following steps.
2. Download the AppAssure 5 Agent installer file from the AppAssure 5 License Portal or from the AppAssure 5 Core (Core >> Tools >>Downloads); for example: Agent-X64-5.4.1.xxxxx.exe .
3. Click Run or Save. If you are using Mozilla Firefox, click Save File.
4. On the AppAssure 5 Installation wizard Welcome page, click Next.
5. On the License Agreement page, select I accept the terms in the license agreement and then click Next.
6. The Prerequisites page appears.
7. The AppAssure 5 Agent Installer will verify the presence of prerequisite files. Select one of the following options based on the verification results:
8. When the installation of the prerequisite files finishes, click Next. The Installation Options page appears.
9. Verify the path and destination folder for the installation. If you need to designate a different path, click Change, select a new path, and click OK.
10. Select on of the following options:
11. If necessary, modify the port number in the Port Number text box. The port number is used as a communication channel between agents and the AppAssure 5 core. The default setting is 8006.
12. Click Next. The progress page appears and includes a status bar that lets you monitor the progress of the installation.
13. When the installation is complete, the Completed page appears.
14. Select one of the following options, and then click Finish.