The following items are used for patching in the K1000 and should be whitelisted from your Antivirus or Anti-Spam programs on the client machine:
Directories that are used in patching:
XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Dell\Kace
Windows 7: C:\ProgramData\Dell\Kace
C:\Program Files\Dell\Kace - This is where all kace exe resides in
C:\Windows\Temp - This is where downloaded microsoft, adobe patches are executed.
Executable Files in the following directories:
- cabarc.exe - (This is used to extract Windows cabinet (CAB) files)
- mcescan.cab - (This is used by mcescan.exe)
- LM.Detection.exe - (This is NEW for V5.4 Sp1 agents)
- LM.Detection.XML - (This configuration file is used for the LM.detection.exe process.)
C:\Windows\system32l\cscript.exe - (Deployment scripts are written in VBScript and used during the deployment of patches)
- Registry used in patching detection:
Note: Make sure all the agents on the client machines are upgraded to 5.4 Sp1 and above before doing patching.